Your heating and cooling system accounts for almost half of your home energy costs, so it makes sense to keep it running at the highest efficiency. Through our CheckMe!® Plus program, a trained contractor will conduct a comprehensive system assessment to give you a detailed evaluation and recommendations, along with complete requirements to qualify for Gulf Power rebates.
Click here to find a CheckMe!® Plus Contractor who can assess your system to see if you qualify for rebates.
Have your existing HVAC system checked out.
Whether you own a single-family or a multi-family residence, you may qualify for up to $100 in HVAC maintenance incentives. The type of maintenance that qualifies for these incentives includes indoor and outdoor coil cleanings, as well as a performance diagnosis of your system's other refrigeration components
Eligibility Requirements: HVAC Maintenance
- Incentive amounts, program rules, and regulations are subject to change.
- In the event that incentive amounts change, the purchase date of the product or equipment will be used to determine the incentive amount.
- Offer is available to Gulf Power residential customers in single-family and multi-family residences.
- All services must be provided by a CheckMe!® Plus Certified Technician of a Participating Contractor and must be completed during the effective dates of the program; certified technician will determine if repairs qualify for rebates after assessment.
- Only central A/C or heat pump systems are eligible for the program; window or portable air conditioners do not qualify for incentives or tune-ups.
- Neither the payment of an incentive, nor any inspection by Gulf Power shall be deemed as guaranty or warranty.
- Check with your participating CheckMe!® Plus Contractor for additional or updated requirements.
- The incentive for qualifying HVAC maintenance is limited to a maximum of $100 per HVAC system and will be paid as a line-item discount on the customer's invoice for services provided by a qualified participating contractor.
Replace your gas system.
If you are replacing a gas system, you may qualify for a $400 incentive when you install a high efficiency heat pump.
EarthCents incentives are offered on a limited basis, and may vary based on date of purchase and installation. Gulf Power reserves the right to temporarily suspend this program.
Eligibility Requirements: Gas Replacement Systems
- Rebate of $400 per central gas unit replaced with heat pump system.
- Gas replacement system (heat pump) may include backup or supplemental heat with electric or gas.
- Gas replacement system (heat pump) must be controlled by a two-stage thermostat.
- Gas replacement system (heat pump) must be installed between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2016.
- Gas replacement system customers must contact Gulf Power at 1-877-655-4001 to start the incentive process.
- Gas replacement system Incentive request for payment must be received within 30 days of installation.
- All Gas replacement system installations will be verified by Gulf Power with an on-site visit.
As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. So making smart decisions about your home's heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can have a big effect on your utility bills - and your comfort. If your existing system is more than five years old and possibly in need of replacement, or if you seldom service it, you can benefit from Gulf Power's heating and cooling program.
A contractor certified in our CheckMe!® Plus quality assurance will evaluate your equipment using state-of-the-art diagnostic tools, and make appropriate repairs such as refrigerant charge and coil cleaning - maximizing efficiency and reliability, lowering energy use costs, and extending the life of your system. Or if your equipment cannot be brought to efficient operating levels, you will receive options for incentives to replace it with a high efficiency system.
The ducts throughout your home also are an important part of your heating and cooling system. In most residential central heating and cooling systems, the conditioned air is delivered to each room through supply ducts and returned through the return duct or a central return to the air conditioner. The condition of both sections of this ductwork is vital to the overall efficiency of your heating and cooling system. Unfortunately, many duct systems may suffer from cracks and gaps in joints, leaking heated air or air conditioned air into unconditioned spaces. Sealing these ducts can prevent losing heated or cooled air, possibly saving hundreds of dollars a year on your electricity bill.
The most reliable and cost-effective way to find out the condition of your ducts is to have a duct test performed by a CheckMe!® Plus certified contractor using the proper test equipment. Duct testing can help determine whether the duct system should be sealed, repaired, or renovated.
Depending on the current condition of your equipment, a Gulf Power CheckMe!® Plus assessment and incentives can help you:
- Improve the efficiency of your AC equipment up to 20 percent
- Reduce your cooling costs up to 50 percent
- Reduce the cost of upgrading to a new system